Q: How do I book you?
A: Email me here and we will get you all taken care of! If you'd like to set up a phone call, email me with the best time of day to talk. (:
Q: Do you travel for photography?
A: Absolutely! I'm always down to travel! The places I visit most often are New Orleans, Houston, and Chattanooga. Contact me to see if I'll be passing through your area or inquire about any location worldwide!
Q: How would you describe your clients?
A: My clients are literally the sweetest people in the world! I thank God every day for sending me the best people to work with! They are very giggly, laid back, and always up for an adventure!
Q: How would you describe your editing style?
A: People describe my editing style as bright and colorful with the perfect amount of pop!
Q: How would you describe your posing style?
A: I like to begin a session with very specific posing such as telling you where to place your hands and how to turn your head. I've found that most people are not 100% comfortable in front of the camera at first (totally normal guys!) so I like to take care of everything for you so that you don't have to think about a thing. Once you get warmed up I like to transition into a more candid and relaxed posing where I might give you prompts and actions to do to get the genuine laughter and emotion out of you. There are times where I will stand back and let natural cute moments happen, but most of the time I take the guess work out of it for you and direct you every step of the way! Just be prepared to have some fun and I'll take care of the rest!
Q: Can I request specific things for my session or wedding?
A: Absolutely! I always encourage my clients to communicate certain desires they have for their session! I feel like there's a stigma with photographers where their clients feel like they can't ask for a few specific things that they want because they don't want their photog to feel like they don't trust them. And while this is a good thing, there's a difference between not trusting your photographer and having a few ideas for your session. This is your session/wedding day; not mine! I want you to LOVE it! Yes, I will exercise my creative liscense (that's why you hired me), but if you see a cool wall, or you want a specific pose don't hesitate to ask! Be sure to remind me during the session of these things!
Q: What should I wear?
A: When you book with me I'll send you my "Portrait Session Style Guide". This includes all of my helpful tips to get the most out of your session!
Q: What gear do you use?
A: For portraits I use a Canon 6D camera body and either a Sigma Art 35mm f/1.4 or a Canon 50mm f/1.4.
For weddings I use a 6D camera body, Sigma Art 35mm f/1.4, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 100mm, Canon 85mm, and Yongnuo speedlight flashes for the reception.
Q: What is your process for portraits/events from start to finish?
- First we will find a date that works for the both of us and I'll send you pricing info
- I will send you questions that I'll need to make your contract. Once I get them answered, I'll send you a contract and retainer (50%) that can be signed digitally. Once you sign and pay, your date will be officially reserved!
- The day of our session I'll send you a text confirming all the details.
- I'll photograph your pretty faces
- I'll send you a sneak peek within the week after our session.
- I will pick all of the good pictures (you know the ones where your eyes aren't closed) and edit them all. Your full gallery will be delivered within 30 days, and the wait is so worth it! Consistency in editing matters so much to me! (If you need your images by a certain date because of a birthday, product release, holiday, etc. email me about my expidited editing rates!)
Q: What is your process for weddings from start to finish?
- First we will verify that I have your date available and I'll send you pricing info
- We will have an in person coffee date, phone call, or facetime call to get to know each other and you can ask me any questions you'd like.
- If you'd like to book, I will send you questions that I'll need to make your contract. Once I get them answered, I'll send you a contract and retainer (50%) that can be signed digitally. Once you sign and pay, your date will be officially reserved!
- I'll work with you and your wedding planner to make a recommended wedding day timeline to ensure everything goes smoothly! It's important to do this step before invites get sent out.
- We will schedule and do your engagement session!
- After your engagement session, we might not talk for a while but we will keep up over social media! I love to celebrate with you and see whats going on in your life!
- A month before your wedding I'll send you my "wedding day questionnaire" to find out more details about your wedding such as family picture combinations, vendor info and more!
- A week before your wedding we will schedule a time to talk on the phone to go over last minute details and the wedding day timeline. There are usually last minute changes that are made and this helps ensure we are all on the same page!
- We photograph your special day and get our PARTYYY on!
- I'll send you a sneak peek within the week after your wedding.
- I'll send you a bigger sneak peek two weeks after your wedding.
- I will pick all of the good pictures (you know the ones where your eyes aren't closed) and edit them all. Your full gallery will be delivered within 6 weeks, and the wait is so worth it. Consistency in editing matters so much to me! When you get an email from me with your full gallery, you and your husband will spend the evening laughing and crying a little as you look back on one of the best days of your life.
Q: Did you go to school for photography?
A: I did not go to college for photography, but I have invested a lot into education for it. Including a full online wedding photography school and multiple other photography courses and lots and lots of PRACTICE!